How can you add a custom text to the "Continue Course" button on the course homepage, and "Lesson" section titles for each section of lessons?

Hi. I am using a Sqaurespace course page to create an intro guide for our new clients when we on-board. I need to change the wording of "lesson" and "course" to "topics" and "guide". How do you change the Buttons that appear on the course homepage of "Start Course" and "Continue Course", to "Start Guide" and Continue Guide". I also need to know how to change the lesson count on the right side of each group of lessons to "topics".

https://valcollective.com/working-with-val-collective

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.27.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.27.24 PM.png

Edited by danim
Updated website page link
  • danim changed the title to How can you add a custom text to the "Continue Course" button on the course homepage, and "Lesson" section titles for each section of lessons?
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2024 at 12:32 AM, danim said:

Hi. I am using a Sqaurespace course page to create an intro guide for our new clients when we on-board. I need to change the wording of "lesson" and "course" to "topics" and "guide". How do you change the Buttons that appear on the course homepage of "Start Course" and "Continue Course", to "Start Guide" and Continue Guide". I also need to know how to change the lesson count on the right side of each group of lessons to "topics".

https://valcollective.com/working-with-val-collective

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.27.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.27.24 PM.png

Page url doesn't work now. Can you check it again?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 5/2/2024 at 2:16 AM, danim said:

Yes!

I able to fix the "Complete and Continue". I just need the "Start Course" and "Lessons" Changed to "Start Guide" and "Topics". 

Thank you!

Use this code to Code Injection > Footer or Page Header Code Injection

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.7.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
    $("span.course-item__course-action-button-text.course-item__course-action-button-text--active").html(function() { 
          return $(this).html().replace("Start Course", "Start Guide");  
    });
      $("span").html(function() { 
          return $(this).html().replace("Lessons", "Topics");  
    });
});
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

The code fixed the "lesson" labels but not the top section for some reason. All others changes to "topics" correctly. See picture. Also the code for the "Start Button" Course didn't work. It made the button disappear completely.  

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 8.51.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 8.51.39 AM.png