Announcement Bar, How to Return Announcement Bar after hitting X-close

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I successfully got the Announcement Bar (AB) working.  On one iPhone, I hit the 'X' for close.  The AB went away as it is suppose to ... which I then understood that I didn't want to occur.  I found on web CSS code to remove the 'X'.  Great.  However, now, on the iPhone I first hit the 'X', the announcement is still missing and won't return.  I've shut down the Safari browser and restarted it, no luck.  Then I restarted the iPhone, but still the AB is missing.   On other iPhones, the AB is there.  I'm guessing this is more an issue with iPhone Safari somehow remembering the webpage and the delete the AB from my first 'X' hit ... but I really don't know.  Any idea how to get the AB to show back up on the iPhone?  

• Replies 2
  • Views 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
11 hours ago, Newbie135 said:

on the iPhone I first hit the 'X', the announcement is still missing and won't return.

To make the announcement bar reappear to all visitors who closed it, edit the announcement bar and save your changes.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Paul, thank you!  It finally worked.  I did two tries that failed:  minor edits to text (taking out spaces from text in message), hit 'save'.  But no luck both times.  So, I completely disabled the Announcement Bar.  Saved.  Then re-enabled it.  AB then came back on the iPhone.  Fantastic.  // Just curious ... on buttons with logins, and now on the ABar when you hit the X-close, I'm guessing that Squarespace 7.1 somehow remembers what computer did what ... so the login is not repeatedly asked for, and an ABar closed out won't come back.  If such a 7.1-memory exists, is there some way to get to it to reset when necessary?  Again, thanks for your help.  Sincerely.  Luke