Need Help: Search Block not working

Hello! I am new to website building and just launched: immunologic.org 

I added a search block on a separate unlinked page that the header button redirects to, but no search results appear when using any keywords whatsoever. I reached out to SquareSpace support several times and they keep saying 'our engineers investigate multiple things' but haven't given me any tips at all. If anyone can provide some insight, that would be great.

For context, each of my pages are built on the 'blank template' so I can't add tags directly, but from my understanding, all keywords, titles, etc., *should* be getting indexed and pulled.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Or if someone has a CSS or script that does better than the built-in search, I would happily take that too.

Came here today with this exact problem and hopes.  Upgraded a site from 7.0 to the 7.1 version.  Now, a month in, realizing that pages we've since edited have really poor results from the built-in search block. Not sure if it's a current issue, or still the same old one from a year ago...