Custom description and "prev / next" links for Slideshow 7.1

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want to replace this & apply to Gallery Section Slideshow on your site or?

I think it should be possible (we can change current slideshow arrow to text: prev/next and change its position), if you share link to page where you use slideshow on your site, we can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hey there!

It looks like that site is using a version 7.0 template called Wells that had a built-in sidebar. The left and right arrows that appear when hovering over images were unique to gallery pages in the Wells template, too.

There’s some discussion around making a similar sidebar for version 7.1 sites in this thread: 

That said, I’m not sure if you could pull image descriptions into the sidebar like in Wells.

I recommend using a slideshow gallery section and looking for custom code that allows you to customize where image descriptions are displayed, as well as add custom slideshow controls. 

The suggestions in this thread may be helpful: 

Thanks so much, tuanphan, for your reply! I've really enjoyed reading some of your replies to other posts, btw 🙂 Fortunately, my client had a change of heart and so I didn't need to pursue this format further.

And thanks, PixelSoda, for the useful link. I'll bookmark it for future projects; I'd still love to know if Squarespace is planning to introduce a sidebar (including navigation menu!) option, as was offered in the Wells template for 7.0, in the future. That would probably make many folks here very happy!