Selling Variable Priced Services

I can find videos about almost everything. All about colors, fonts, photos, etc. I don't need help with any of that. I just want to get paid for my service. I am a home inspector. There are different kinds of inspections. Pricing depends on square footage, number of stories, steepness of the roof, zip code. There are also out buildings by square footage, pools, etc. I wish I could hide a spreadsheet and just have the inputs and the price just go into the cart. I have given up on using the schedule. What would be the best way to handle this?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@W-W Yeah, I don't think that regular products (even service products) are going to work for your services because there are so many variables. I would take a look at embedding a custom order/quote form on your site instead. I describe this process using one of my favorite tools for it in this blog post but you could use another third-party form builder that allowed you to set up calculations if it made more sense for you. 

Read my eCommerce Blog or Subscribe to my eCommerce Newsletter for all things Squarespace x eCommerce. 

That article was very helpful. I did find a calculator (Calconic) that has a much lower cost. I hope to integrate into the Squarespace checkout, just like the article explains. I will just try to use the output from the code. If that does not work it has its own payment but only PayPal.

If someone knows how to get the number into the Squarespace payment automatically great. I will update this if I figure it out.

Edited by W-W

@W-W You won't be able to pull that number into Squarespace checkout so you'll just need to use the PayPal checkout with Calconic. Your Squarespace site will just house all of the actual content of your website and then on a quote/pricing page you'll embed the calculator. Hope that makes sense! 

Read my eCommerce Blog or Subscribe to my eCommerce Newsletter for all things Squarespace x eCommerce. 

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.