How to auto-adjust image height so they don't get cropped on tablet?

Hello,

On all my portfolio pages, everything is looking good on desktop and also on mobile but there is a weird space in between that is cropping all my images 😣 (tablet view, breaking point seems to be around 765 px).

Let me show you

Here is the desktop:
image.thumb.png.1d3b578287479e90efe7b25edc6fd2a5.png

Mobile is fine as well:
image.thumb.png.3915f279ccc89f4925a64449cca11862.png

But when I set the screen to 750px for example:
image.thumb.png.cf48c46fb5999bc73a9c938a5bbe2382.png

All my images are a different size so I need a code that tells the image to adjust the height, while keeping a full width after the breaking point on tablet.
I tried some things but nothing works so I am looking for help.

I attempted to add:
@media only screen and (max-width:767px) {
.sqs-block-image .design-layout-fluid .fluid-image-container .content-fill img {
  object-fit: contain !important; }}
this way you see the whole image but it is not full width, so I have different gaps on the sides of each image -ugly 🙁-

Also tried to add this code to the first one:
width: 100% !important;
height: auto !important;
then it looks like before only it crops the image from the bottom instead of keeping it centered 😫

Here is the link: https://www.pastekart.com/portfolio-projets-1/022-collection-affiches-evenements
and the password: squarewebsites

If you have any idea on what to try?
Any help is appreciated, thanks! 🥰

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, no...
From your previous answers to other posts, I managed to do it with block ID on each individual picture, but it is not a solution here (I have this on all my portfolio pages). If you have any idea for me to try?...

On 2/20/2024 at 5:07 PM, Leti said:

unfortunately, no...
From your previous answers to other posts, I managed to do it with block ID on each individual picture, but it is not a solution here (I have this on all my portfolio pages). If you have any idea for me to try?...

Which code did you try?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

I didn't keep it.... but from memory, it was like:
@media only screen and (min-width:480px) and (max-width:768px) {
div#block-ID {
min-height: unset !important;
height: 30vh !important }}

This worked for ONE individual image, but I can't do it for all since they all have to adjust height differently depending on each image so 30vh does not apply everywhere 😣

If you have any idea how to do it for all the pictures at the same time?? Every beginning of a solution I saw on forums is targeted to isolated images so I did not find anything useful (I am rather new at this code thing 😉)

On 2/21/2024 at 10:54 PM, Leti said:

I didn't keep it.... but from memory, it was like:
@media only screen and (min-width:480px) and (max-width:768px) {
div#block-ID {
min-height: unset !important;
height: 30vh !important }}

This worked for ONE individual image, but I can't do it for all since they all have to adjust height differently depending on each image so 30vh does not apply everywhere 😣

If you have any idea how to do it for all the pictures at the same time?? Every beginning of a solution I saw on forums is targeted to isolated images so I did not find anything useful (I am rather new at this code thing 😉)

So you need a code will target multiple images with same 30vh value?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

not at all... it is the problem, since all my images have a different size, I need a code that allows each image to be full width AND adjust proportionnally in height so they are not cropped.
Right now, I have this:

image.png.91dfbe5d374258085b30bceb4a7f5403.png

I need this:

image.png.ad0aa16c5e46ce42bde5ed95f4f95c97.png

I don't know why it works perfectly on desktop and mobile and it does this weird crop in the in-between?
I know not many people are using tablets but it is going to be my professional website and if all my portfolio pictures are cropped, it is not good 😫

So it's easier for you and you don't have to go look for it again:
Here is the link: https://www.pastekart.com/portfolio-projets-1/022-collection-affiches-evenements
and the password: squarewebsites

And I have images like this on all my portfolio pages so it is not really an option to go and target each id block and adjust manually all heights unfortunately 😣

And as I said in my original post, the command 'object-fit: contain !important' works to show the full image but then it is not full width so it has a very weird look with different gaps on each side of the images

If you know a way either to adjust automatically the height or to add something to this 'fit-contain' so the image is also full width, it would be so nice.
Hope it is clearer 😊
And thanks for all your help!