How to change number of rows in a gallery grid?

Is there a way to set the number of rows in a gallery grid (in Squarespace 7.0)?

It allows me to select the default number of columns (via the images-per-row setting) - though I understand it may be necessary to add some customisation to maintain that number of columns viewing on e.g. a mobile phone. Is the number of rows controllable at all? I would like to experiment with some 3x3 gallery grids. Ideally forcing the 3x3 grid regardless of screen resolution/ device.

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.4c69c8885a3c7d85d23fd22aa75c1fc6.png

Edited by Dunc1987
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you share your website URL and the page your gallery is on?

It's possible to do this with Custom CSS and target specific galleries.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

I don't have a live page to share unfortunately. But I just figured out (feeling kind of stupid) that the number of rows is determined by the number of images you upload to the gallery. I'm aware there is a way of maintaining the number of images per row when viewing on mobile devices using CSS customization (have not tried this yet)

• 2 weeks later...

can either of you share the custom code neede (and where i should place it) to do this? i am having the same issue where i have 3 images in a row in my gallery, but it goes to 2 when i'm on mobile, and i want to correct that and don't know how.

On 1/27/2024 at 3:53 AM, sarafina said:

can either of you share the custom code neede (and where i should place it) to do this? i am having the same issue where i have 3 images in a row in my gallery, but it goes to 2 when i'm on mobile, and i want to correct that and don't know how.

If you share link to page where you use gallery, we can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 1/26/2024 at 8:53 PM, sarafina said:

Do you mean rows or columns? Number of rows is basically determined by how many images you add to the gallery vs number of images (columns) in a row. I also have a situation where I would like to maintain a 3-column structure to my gallery, rather than this defaulting to 2 columns when viewing on a mobile device. I'm aware it's possible to modify this behaviour with custom code, but so far none of the solutions I've found in this forum have worked. Do share if you figure it out please!