Customize Blog Page

4 hours ago, PRHG said:

Hi, can someone help me how to fix my site?

Here is an inspo: https://staceyromberg.com/insights/

What is your website URL?

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik
Website Designer and Digital Marketer

Am I helpful? Want to offer me a coffee?
Send me a message if needed any help. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:13 PM, PRHG said:

Hi, can someone help me how to fix my site?

Here is an inspo: https://staceyromberg.com/insights/

Hey there!

First make sure your blog style is set to Masonry—if you're using images, make sure their position is set to be at the top. Then adjust your spacing between objects using the tools in the blog summary editor.

Next add this code:

.summary-item {
    /* Creates space around the content */
    padding: 15px;
	/* Makes rounded corners */
    border-radius: 10px;
    /* Adds a black drop-shadow at 20% opacity-adjust values to your liking */
	box-shadow: 0 0 20px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
}

Let me know if this gets you closer to where you want to be!

Best,
Logan

On 1/5/2024 at 7:53 PM, BartelsCreativeCo said:

Hey there! I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "changing the theme". Do you mean have the code I provided only work on that blog summary page?

Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!

Hi @BartelsCreativeCo, I am using a different theme. It's not masonry. With that, do I have to change the whole website's theme? Or can I just apply the theme on the blog summary page? 

12 hours ago, PRHG said:

Hi @BartelsCreativeCo, I am using a different theme. It's not masonry. With that, do I have to change the whole website's theme? Or can I just apply the theme on the blog summary page? 

Oh my bad, you're working in 7.0 and not 7.1. "Masonry" isn't a theme, it's a layout option in 7.1 for blog pages.

For 7.0 you are generally limited to a Grid layouts (which you are using) or a List layout. I'm sure you can correct this with css, but I'm unaware how; however, you can imitate this via a use of Index pages and summary blocks.

So essentially you're moving your actual "Blog" collection page to the unlinked section so it doesn't appear in navigation. 

Then you will create a new page/index page in the linked section which will appear in navigation. On this page you will ad a Summary block that you assign to your Blog Collection content.

Summary Blocks allow for a lot more design flexibility. Rather than type out everything here, I've found a video tutorial that explains how to set this up: 

The video doesn't show you how to style content in the manner you're looking for, but if it's important for you to have staggered posts, then this is a good step since the Summary Block should allow you to use a Masonry layout.

Once you've implemented that, I or the forum community can advise on code to create the drop shadows and rounded corners.

Hope this helps!

On 1/9/2024 at 9:40 PM, BartelsCreativeCo said:

Oh my bad, you're working in 7.0 and not 7.1. "Masonry" isn't a theme, it's a layout option in 7.1 for blog pages.

For 7.0 you are generally limited to a Grid layouts (which you are using) or a List layout. I'm sure you can correct this with css, but I'm unaware how; however, you can imitate this via a use of Index pages and summary blocks.

So essentially you're moving your actual "Blog" collection page to the unlinked section so it doesn't appear in navigation. 

Then you will create a new page/index page in the linked section which will appear in navigation. On this page you will ad a Summary block that you assign to your Blog Collection content.

Summary Blocks allow for a lot more design flexibility. Rather than type out everything here, I've found a video tutorial that explains how to set this up: 

The video doesn't show you how to style content in the manner you're looking for, but if it's important for you to have staggered posts, then this is a good step since the Summary Block should allow you to use a Masonry layout.

Once you've implemented that, I or the forum community can advise on code to create the drop shadows and rounded corners.

Hope this helps!

I just found out that I can update now to 7.1! I'll explore and check if I can use the code. thank you!

1 hour ago, PRHG said:

I just found out that I can update now to 7.1! I'll explore and check if I can use the code. thank you!

Great! Once you update, you'll be able to create a blog page and then change the style under the section settings. See screenshots below. As you'll see there are way more options for blog organization.

image.png.09fc1a4b617f8d90f0d231d66ce2aea4.png

image.thumb.png.093cc70a9b5de678497dfa4e7f97f083.png