Videos are low-res sometimes but not always

I have a video on my webpage that is set to autoplay and loop, so that it functions like a higher quality GIF. However, I have an issue where it randomly becomes blurry and low resolution. If I refresh the page, it occasionally fixes itself. Anyone have a similar issue/ know how to solve this? Any insights would be really appreciated!

Thank you!!

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 3.52.22 PM.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Following! This has been happening to me too – started yesterday! Last week, I was uploading .mp4 and setting to loop/autoplay it was crisp (still is on those pages) but when creating a new page last night those .mp4's are really blurry the moment you set them to loop/autoplay. Mine has been consistently blurry (or not) and never fixes itself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here! I've opened a ticket and spoken with someone on the live chat. I was told it's a known issue, and they are working on fixing it. The problem is this has been going on for ages, I've seen posts from 2020 with the same problem yet to be fixed. COME ON, SQUARESPACE!