Test order with Live store?

I am running a Live store and the three products I have there are orderable and all is working.

However, for some new products I want to offer, I have to work with Fulfilment profiles and using advanced shipment to configure shipping rates, depending on the product size. I think I have been able to do this.

Is there a way to do a test order on this product, with its Visibility set to Hidden? At least to the step where and address needs to be added. This way I can check if the Fulfilment profiles and all that complex stuff is done well.

thanks in advance

Edited by twum
Wan too check if I ticked "Follow Topic"
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, twum said:

Is there a way to do a test order on this product, with its Visibility set to Hidden?

No, but you can add a second (unlinked) Store page and move the products to this (in a published state). You'll then be able to test adding them to the cart/checkout. When you're ready to make them public, move them back to the visible store page.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

On 12/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, paul2009 said:

No, but you can add a second (unlinked) Store page and move the products to this (in a published state). You'll then be able to test adding them to the cart/checkout. When you're ready to make them public, move them back to the visible store page.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I can indeed do that. Why didn't I think of that?...;). 

Regarding the pricing of the different products, I am a bit confused about how best to set them up. I print at a third-party company and they have different shipping prices, depending on print size, amount of prints, material and delivery country. How best to go about this? 

For example......

Let's say I have a picture to print. This can come in sizes 30x20, 45x30, 60x40 and so on. And I can print on Photo Paper and Mounted.
Variations would thus be Size and Material.

If I want to ship to a certain shipping zone, say EU1 (which has a certain number of countries), I have the following combinations for Photo Print
Up to 60cm.    EUR X,-
Up to 100cm.   EUR Y,-
Up to 125cm.    EUR Z,-
All of these prices are for 1 to 2 pieces.
3 to 5 pieces have a higher price and more than 5 pieces have a higher price again. The amount of pieces and the higher shipping prices have to do with the weight. However, I don't know the weights.

I will have something similar for the same image on Mounted but with prices say A, B and C.

How best can I configure the shipping to reflect these combinations? I can set it up using Flat Rate and zones, but that would be for one piece. But if a customer orders 3 pieces or 5, then I have a problem.

Thanks again for your reply.