Where is my new squarespace domain authorization code

I bought a new domain from Square Space Domains yesterda. I paid for it. Payment accepted. 

I went to my Wix Site where my website is hosted to transfer my new SquareSpace Domain to my Wix site but I need an Authorization Code. 

I haven't received the authorization code from Squarespace yet. 

Is this normal? 

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Max007_X2D said:

I bought a new domain from Square Space Domains. I went to my Wix Site where my website is hosted to transfer my new SquareSpace Domain to my Wix site but I need an Authorization Code. 

You should not try to transfer it. You will need to connect the domain.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

A transfer authorization code is sent to your domain contact email address after you unlock the domain. If you registered it less than 60 days ago though, you won't be able to transfer it to a new host. You can still point it to Wix like @paul2009 recommended.

They already shared Wix's guide with steps - Connecting or Transferring a Domain Purchased Elsewhere to Your Wix Account

Squarespace has one for pointing to non-Squarespace sites, too - Point to a non-Squarespace site

(Sorry if I shouldn't have tagged in this case, I'm new to forum etiquette)

Edited by rabidzoomonkey