Connecting a client dev site to Google Search Console

Go to solution Solved by melody495,

Hello Forum

I have a technophobic client - just finishing dev site for his jewellery store and wanted to set him up / Verify the site on Google Search Console - is there a way I can do this so that he doesn't need to deal with it? Any help very much appreciated. Thanks DH

• Replies 5
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi @eyebandits assuming you are the owner of the SquareSpace website, then you can set up Google Search Console for the website. (Although I think being an admin can do it too, I think one of my sites was done with an admin account)

You will need a Google account. For more information, SquareSpace has an article on Verifying your site with Google Search Console

If you are setting it all up for your client, then they won't need access to Google Search Console. They can always get set up if they want access in the future. It also depends on how you are managing the website after launch, e.g. if you are keeping ownership or transferring to them.

Connecting to Google Search Console is quite straightforward, but you want to check everything looks ok after connecting.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by melody495

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

• 2 weeks later...

You're very welcome 🙂 Glad I was able to help

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.

• 5 months later...

@melody495 Can i use my own GSC account to upload several different client's sitemaps and then somehow give them access to their individual URL and info? Or do they need to have their own GSC account to do this?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to help my clients who are not tech savvy.

2 minutes ago, VeeBee said:

@melody495 Can i use my own GSC account to upload several different client's sitemaps and then somehow give them access to their individual URL and info? Or do they need to have their own GSC account to do this?

Yes you can use your own GSC account! You will need to connect/verify each website in GSC, you can do that as long as you have admin access to the Squarespace sites.