Text Block Background Color Suddenly Broken, Colors Suddenly All Changed

Go to solution Solved by volunteer_organizer,

Looking for some help with padding + formatting across my website.

As of this morning, these changes randomly appeared: 

• Excessive passing on the top and bottom of sections and lines
  • Inconsistent heading and spacing
  • Buttons not aligned with text drastically changed. 

Note: I changed the section width and height myself (not using Custom CSS) but this does not match what I see in the backend view. All sections are currently set to height 10 and width medium. 

Link: https://www.nowwhatfacilitation.com/

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.47.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.47.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.47.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.46.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.46.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.46.20 PM.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the last few hours, despite not touching anything, all my squarespace sites have got extra padding put in around text boxes, which means they are now all misaligned and the site looks terrible? Any ideas how to fix this?
Below is an example of how it should be and how it's appearing. On design mode, it looks right, but when previewing or live, it's way out?

The site margin is set to 3, and teh images are fine but all the text boxes are compressed and squashed in width?

Grateful for any help as it's kinda urgent! thanks 

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 20.31.18.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 20.58.38.png

PROBLEM: After four days of design work, everything was coming to a close when the background for text blocks stopped working. I had spent hours setting all the colors as I want them, but all of the sudden all text blocks changed to a sky blue that is on my palette. Where I had opacity, it removed it.

I did not insert any CSS that would effect the background color of a text box. None of the CSS I have added changed ANY color to the sky blue that now appears everywhere. However, the sky blue is on my pallete, but only as an accent color.

P/W:  [redacted]

I would appreciate any help. I have contacted support but I have not heard back and I need to get this project done ASAP.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED TO FIX IT: I checked everything that I thought could be my fault, but it appears to be a glitch in Squarespace. For example, when I go into the edit mode, the colors change back to how I want them so it appears that everything is OK. However, in the preview mode it shows the blue. 

I tried removing the background color and then reapplying it.

OTHER SYMPTOM: When I visit the website, the background color of the login page appears to be slightly blue. This is different, it used to be the standard grey.

WHEN THE PROBLEM BEGAN: I was uploading a photo (not touching colors) and between one moment and another the colors changed throughout the whole website. Therefore, again, I do not believe this was caused by something I did. 

Thank you for reading this and providing any assistance. I would love to find out that I made a simple mistake, but it seems more complicated.

Edited by volunteer_organizer
  • volunteer_organizer changed the title to Text Block Background Color Suddenly Broken, Colors Suddenly All Changed
  • Solution

Squarespace fixed the problem. Here is the response from Sam S. at the technical support team:

So it looks like you were experiencing the issue due to a recent outage that occurred on our system's end that affected some block padding - This outage started quite recently, and our engineering team has since pushed out a fix to impacted sites, which is why you're now seeing the behavior resolved. That said, yours is the only report I've seen where block background color was affected, so I'm going to pass on that information to our team so they can look into the matter. 

From here, the issue should now be completely resolved going forward, so no further action is required on your end, though if you do come across this kind of behavior again in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know 

This is a Squarespace issue that they're currently monitoring. I suggest signing up to status alerts: https://status.squarespace.com/incidents/snyy5ht3swwq

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM