Help with Favicon not showing up everywhere

Hello everyone!

I am a web designer, and just finished a website for a client. Everything is great with the site, but the client seems to be having an issue seeing the favicon.

I uploaded the favicon with the correct specifications, and I am seeing it on Chrome and Safari on my laptop AND other devices (my mobile device, a desktop computer) and have tried on multiple networks as well. I always see it. I've also had multiple different people try, and they have been successful. 

However, the client says that they are on Safari and do not see the favicon. They also had another person try it (I believe on the same network) and they are not seeing it as well.

Obviously it is working, but I'm confused why it isn't working everywhere. Is this something that the client needs to do on their browser?

Any ideas are welcome!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had this exact issue with one of my websites, the favicon didn’t show on my macbook or iphone (safari), but it showed up on my mom’s android and her laptop (chrome and google). After I had the idea to try it on her devices and saw that it worked, a few minutes later the favicon also showed up on safari. I’m not sure what got it running or if it was a coincidence and that’s just how long it took for it to pop up. I think opening it on other devices somehow jumpstarted it in the websites code to run it (that was the first favicon I set) and it just needed more of a push for safari. So the good news is it does work eventually, bad news is I’m not sure exactly what made it work. Will try with another website and update here.