Applying Fulfillment Profiles to individual product variations

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

So this does not seem to be possible, in 'Products' I expand the product to show all of the variations, when I click on Fulfillment to change the profile for a variation it changes it for all variations of the product and I would like to use different fulfillment profiles on different variations of the product.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
11 minutes ago, TRBob said:

Applying Fulfillment Profiles to individual product variations

This is not possible. If variants require different fulfilment options, they must be added as individual products. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 5 months later...

@paul2009 it seems like a pretty non-sensical restriction to not be able to add different fulfilment options based on product variants. An example is an art print shop. The products have been set up so there are variants which allow for different sizes and framing options. Shipping for a print without framing is $10. But if the user chooses to get the print framed, the shipping cost increases hugely due to fragile courier (especially if the customer chooses a large print). It doesn't make sense to set up different products for framed / non-framed and different sizes. It results in a clunky user experience. It would be great to be able to set up different fulfilment options for product variants such as size. I've tried emailing Squarespace but just got the standard "thanks for your feedback" response. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hollykmsmith said:

it seems like a pretty non-sensical restriction to not be able to add different fulfilment options based on product variants. An example is an art print shop. Shipping for a print without framing is $10. But if the user chooses to get the print framed, the shipping cost increases hugely due to fragile courier

I appreciate the challenge 🙂. Unfortunately, this isn’t something that I (as a user, or as a third-party developer) can change. It will require changes by Squarespace’s own teams.

in the meantime, have you considered using the Product Add-on feature for the frames? These can then appear beside the Add to Cart button as add-ons, and will be treated as separate products. 

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

@paul2009 I totally understand you're a user and not a part of Squarespace's team. I'm just voicing my frustration in the hope there's a better workaround. 

Yes, I have considered the product add-on feature, but as add-ons can't have any variations (and can only display 4 at a time), it doesn't work for my situation.

Each print has 5 different sizes. That's already 5 frame add-ons required and relies on the user choosing the correct one to match their print size. Then the frames come in 3 different styles and 3 different colours. That means I'd need to create 45 individual add-ons (3 styles, 3 colours, 5 sizes). And only 4 add-ons can be displayed. 

Unfortunately it just doesn't really make sense for the user.