Announcement Bar Font Color Issue

Hi!

On our website, we are having trouble getting the font color in the announcement bar to change from navy to white. The colors are there in the color palette but when I select the color swatch (white) it doesn't do anything. 

Can someone please provide some help on how or what could be wrong.

www.OPFOB.org is our website. Thank you

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, just double checking that you are editing the relevant theme to change the Announcement bar text colour? Scroll to the top of the page where the announcement bar is visible, then click Site Styles -> Colors, you can should be able to see the theme, might have to hover over the header/announcement bar area.

image.thumb.png.24c67056271c9a2b4d4a58185591ed95.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, melody495 said:

Hi, just double checking that you are editing the relevant theme to change the Announcement bar text colour? Scroll to the top of the page where the announcement bar is visible, then click Site Styles -> Colors, you can should be able to see the theme, might have to hover over the header/announcement bar area.

image.thumb.png.24c67056271c9a2b4d4a58185591ed95.png

Hi! I am having the same issue and I have double checked that I am changing the relevant theme. It shows the settings as being right but the announcement bar isn't reflecting that. I've tried changing the color to ones both inside and outside my theme and it won't change no matter what color I've tried. Any idea why?

My site is: www.friendsofodyssey.org

5 hours ago, Nat-C said:

Hi! I am having the same issue and I have double checked that I am changing the relevant theme. It shows the settings as being right but the announcement bar isn't reflecting that. I've tried changing the color to ones both inside and outside my theme and it won't change no matter what color I've tried. Any idea why?

My site is: www.friendsofodyssey.org

Add these code on Custom CSS panel in Website Utilities Website Tools > Custom CSS. You can change the color code #333 to that you want.

.sqs-announcement-bar {
    background: #333 !important;
}

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik
Website Designer and Digital Marketer

Am I helpful? Want to offer me a coffee?
Send me a message if needed any help. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I am also having this issue. My promo bar background color and text color are showing in the Lightest 1 theme as 2 colors (lavender/white), but only the background color is taking any changes— the text shows as if it were white, but it won't change to anything and remains black regardless of any selection. 

Any ideas? Am I missing something? I want the text to be white with ideally a dark background but I can only go light if the text will remain black....

http://bodypoetica.com

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.27.21 PM.png

On 5/14/2024 at 4:30 AM, ecubbage said:

Hello,

I am also having this issue. My promo bar background color and text color are showing in the Lightest 1 theme as 2 colors (lavender/white), but only the background color is taking any changes— the text shows as if it were white, but it won't change to anything and remains black regardless of any selection. 

Any ideas? Am I missing something? I want the text to be white with ideally a dark background but I can only go light if the text will remain black....

http://bodypoetica.com

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.27.21 PM.png

I see it already fine. You try checking it again.

image.thumb.png.c567472b74aff106388516fe57741159.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)