Digital business card (CRM and Marketing benefits) - your experience?

I've been exploring digital business cards lately. Seems to me that they can be great for marketing and sales; you can track interactions with potential clients, and integrate the collected data with your customer relationship management (CRM) system (at least some solutions offer this as an option). Or use them to share promotional materials, or provide quick access to product catalogs, social media profiles, or customer testimonials. A special bonus in my book is that they are environmentally friendly, reducing paper waste.

Integrating a digital business card into your site or email signature looks to me like a way to go. Now, I've looked into the best digital business card reviews (this might come in handy) and I have a couple of promising candidates. Before I go ahead and create one, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask the community here - do you have a digital business card already and would you recommend the maker you used? 

Edited by GeraldW32

Apparently, I don't know enough about DBCs, I had no idea some integrate with CRM systems or that you can share so many things with them. Sorry I can't help, I just wanted to thank you for starting this topic. Read a bit after seeing this post, but I will look into this more seriously next week. For now, it looks like I might go for Beaconstac, bulk creation and one-click download features are a big plus. (Blinq and Popl seem great too, but I really want to avoid having a separate app for this purpose.) 

6 minutes ago, matx2that said:

Apparently, I don't know enough about DBCs, I had no idea some integrate with CRM systems or that you can share so many things with them. Sorry I can't help, I just wanted to thank you for starting this topic. Read a bit after seeing this post, but I will look into this more seriously next week. For now, it looks like I might go for Beaconstac, bulk creation and one-click download features are a big plus. (Blinq and Popl seem great too, but I really want to avoid having a separate app for this purpose.) 

Honestly, I've been leaning toward the same solution. Hope it's as good as it seems to be! 

• 4 months later...

I use a digital business card with a QR code that gives the user an option to add my contact information to their device; it includes a link to my website. I wish there was a way to include a second QR code that opens my site in the user's browser. 

I would use an actual printed business card with the digital business card as a supplement. 

The business card is easy to hand over, but that is a low-quality contact, in my opinion, because the card can easily be lost, dropped, or thrown out.

With digital business cards, I ask the person for permission, making it more active. However, I can see how my contact can easily be lost. If I don't follow up and stay in contact in some way.