Custom Font Not Working

Go to solution Solved by melody495,

Hi there! I purchased a new font and am trying to incorporate it into my site. The text is being modified to a generic serif font instead of the script it should be. Help please! My site is laurendtherapy.com.

Here's the code:

@font-face {

font-family: 'Northwell';

src: url('FontURLhttps://static1.squarespace.com/static/629e828d31490d01d0f319ef/t/65497cac74a74b3d8224203c/1699314861015/Northwell.ttf');

}

h2 {font-family: 'Northwell';}

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, please let me know which text you are expecting to use the custom font, but is not?

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

@melody495 I currently have the Northwell font set to be for Heading 2 (but want to try different options before I decide for sure). As far as I can tell the Heading 2 content is modified, but to a generic serif font. I believe the change is consistent across my site. Not sure if that answers your question...

Edit: if you go to the "About Me" page on my site, the heading "The Letters" should be a script because it's H2. I also have an unpublished page titled "Font Test" where I'm watching the changes but you may not be able to see that one.

Edited by LaurenD93
  • Solution

Hi, remove FontURL at the beginning of your font file. From this, 

@font-face {

src: url('FontURLhttps://static1.squarespace.com/static/629e828d31490d01d0f319ef/t/65497cac74a74b3d8224203c/1699314861015/Northwell.ttf');

}

to this. Try and let me know

@font-face {

src: url('https://static1.squarespace.com/static/629e828d31490d01d0f319ef/t/65497cac74a74b3d8224203c/1699314861015/Northwell.ttf');

}

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.

@melody495 thanks that totally worked! I have one follow up question - It looks like my headings are all set to all caps - so the replacement font I put in is also defaulting to all caps. Can I modify that so that I have access to lowercase too?

EDIT: I was able to change the caps settings in the font package, so it's working now! Thanks so much!

Edited by LaurenD93

You're welcome!

Re all caps, have you tried checking your Site Styles -> Fonts settings -> Transform?

image.thumb.png.a86137bfcdb1919ab4f1f3d37c0c420b.png

If it is not set to Uppercase, then add this to your custom css

h2 {
	text-transform: none !important;
}

8 minutes ago, LaurenD93 said:

EDIT: I was able to change the caps settings in the font package, so it's working now! Thanks so much!

Perfect! 🙂