Feed back on my online academy... a course website !

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a beautiful site, nice big bold styles. It looks like something a designer would create, layouts and styles you might see in a trendy magazine. As a design related company, you of course will be held to a high standard. A lot of design is not making any mistakes, for example, not letting content get crowded, or not letting too many different font styles creep into one page. 

Here are some optimizations I'd suggestion:

• A video as the hero image is nice, but you also should say something susinct, some sort of heading above or even just below. Below you have a massive paragraph. And below that two very different font styles, without any create headings or standard styles. 
  • The next section, Available Courses is overall really nice, but just a bit crowded. Also the 4 images at the bottom, if they are going to stay there, they should be interactive, even if just to bring up the image in a bigger window. 
  • Consider a little separation in the footer, big, beautiful, open, white layouts are great, hell, even as I type this I can see Squarespace Circle themselves using the same style. But even here they have the thinnest of hairlines to give things some separation. Open is good, but give it some separation, even if just subtle shades of color or grey. 
  • Speaking of shades of grey, you have a lot of very stark black and white. It's a little overwhelming on the eyes, which I imagine is intentional, but try it out with just slightly software blacks and whites. Instead of pure white or black, back it off just shade toward grey. Not enough so that it looks grey, but just enough to soften it on the eyes. You'll still get a very stark look, but not a painful one. 
  • The scholarships page looks a bit too much like a Word Doc, or Google Doc. Try to use some other design elements to break up the wall of text a bit.