Anyone Able to Sync with Printful?

Go to solution Solved by MJB1923,

Is anyone else having an ongoing sync issue with Printful/Squarespace 7.1?

I launched a new site in September (last month) and a few weeks after launch, on October 17, I started experiencing data sync issues (unable to sync) and my shop has basically been shut down for a week now as a result. Orders cannot come in from Squarespace and I cannot push product out of Printful (to Squarespace). Printful logs show a Squarespace client side server time out issue, but I am at the end of my wits trying to find out if Squarespace is doing anything to actually try to resolve this. I have reached out to them a lot...never getting an answer other than we're looking into it. Not very comforting because it has been a week now that I've been basically unable to run a commerce business on Squarespace Commerce.

I wondered if this is chronic with Printful/Squarespace or if mine is an isolated incident. Super frustrating and literally costing me. If it has happened to you, how did you resolve it?

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 7.04.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 7.47.54 PM.png

Edited by MJB1923

This has happened twice to me so far. The first time it resolved when Squarespace fixed their Instagram sync issue (they had in September). Coincidence?  But before that fix, they also told me to unsync and resync, just as you did. That created a huge unforeseen issue...

The problem is that if you use Printful, disconnecting your Printful store from Squarespace effectively deletes your entire store on Printful. (I told Squarespace afterwards never to tell anyone to do that). Printful strongly advises against doing this as well for the very reason that it deletes all your synced products. So I spent literally the next three days rebuilding 2.7K product variants one by one to reconnect my Printful inventory to Squarespace. Not fun at all to say the least.

Printful confirmed there is no other (or automated) way to do it. So If you disconnect/unsync your Printful store in Squarespace, you are basically opening a new store after that, syncing products one by one. I have no appetite to rebuild my shop every month as I have hundreds of products and thousands of variants. So I am hoping that between them they can actually find and fix the problem.

Apparently they are now talking (SS and Printful) and most recently I heard that the issue is linked to an AWS API. I was encouraged they at least found the cause, but my store has been unsynced for nearly two weeks now (no orders can come through), so basically after the first four weeks when my store worked with Squarespace/Printful, it is now dead. I am looking at other ecomm platforms that might be more functionally stable but would prefer not to have to switch and rebuild. If this is not done after one month, however, I will have no choice but to move my site to another platform as Printful noted this is only happening with the SS integration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

An update on this issue: it took nearly four weeks, but between Printful and Squarespace communicating to find the problem and then Printful was working with AWS, they did finally find the API issue and fixed it Amazon fixed it (it was on their end -- nothing to do with Amazon.com, but with the AWS servers that are used by Printful I believe). My site is now working as normal and can sync properly with no dreaded Error.

It was good to have an actual product identified as causing the issue so that it could be fixed and all parties worked together to get it done. So I appreciated that all three platforms got involved to find the bug. It has only been a few days, but so far so good.

Edited by MJB1923
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, 

We are having the same issues with the updated 7.1 and we cannot get Printful and Squarespace to re-connect. Thankfully our store is still on Printful. (Every time I tried to reconnect, Printful would create a new Printful store ).

We are losing our minds over here!

Any solutions? 

There be no techory around here my friend...