URL error / domain query

Go to solution Solved by CassAggett,

Hi all,

I have connected my site to my domain (third party Go Daddy domain). My site is not published yet as I am still creating it.

I have started updating my buttons with the correct links. I wanted to double check if the attached message is the expected message to come up because my site is not yet published, or if there's some other issue I need to be aware of?

Just to add - if I go to my dashboard, the site URL is correct (houseofellainteriors.com), when I click edit, it reverts to the placeholder Squarespace URL.

Thanks

URL.png

Message.png

Edited by SPR_85
Published before ready
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

I think this is correct as your site's not published, particularly if you've already added the Squarespace DNS settings to GoDaddy. If you hadn't yet, I would imagine it would show the standard 'This domain is held with GoDaddy' or something like that.

When you're in edit mode, it will always display your built-in URL (xx.squarespace.com) regardless of whether your site is live or unpublished 😊

Edited by CassAggett

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM