Emdeded Code Not Displaying Outside Editor

Go to solution Solved by KwameAndCo,

So I'm having an issue where my code or embed block won't display the content after I save and exit the editor. I can preview the content just fine but it is blank where the code should be and moves a different embed block up to the top of the page when it should be in a different location. I'm just confused as to what is going on with this.

Images of the issue are attached and the page in questions is https://www.orchardhillchurch.com/podcasts

iScreen Shoter - Firefox - 230927095807.jpg

iScreen Shoter - Firefox - 230927095929.jpg

Verum is a Latin word meaning "the truth" or "a true thing"

Website & Data Manager at Orchard Hill Church
Founder & Content Creator at Pages of Light

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Solution

It looks like the embed code works by finding an element on the page by its id and adding the player there. Both codes are targeting the same element so what happens is the first player loads fine, then the script for the second player runs and finds the same container and replaces the first.

Please share both of the codes you're using so I can confirm.

But it's likely a case of you just need to modify the code so it targets a separate player. If it's a JS embed you're getting from Buzzsprout you may also want to contact them asking how to run the script multiple times on a page.

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.

13 minutes ago, Verum said:

Hey good investigating. With that I just changed the "id" that it was targeting in the embed code to a "class" and that fixed the issue! Thank you!

Always happy to help.

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.