Flash of white as pages load

I just published the site today, and it was ok in preview mode originally, but now when I load any page I get a flash of white. So the background loads as white, without the section background - which is a dark color. So essentially you see the white background, the image and text, without the dark background for a second or two, then the dark background is there. It is happening across all of the pages, even the terms of service which has no images, only the top section with a dark background. 

You can see in the first pic that it's only text. The second one is the home page, so it does have a graphic. 

I removed the cookiebot code and did a test removing the custom css, all to no avail. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 12.01.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 12.01.59 AM.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this has something to do with it? 
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7411541/how-to-prevent-the-white-flash-on-page-load-created-by-background-image-loadin

OK, so after going through support, this does seem valid. You need to change your background site wide to the color you want to load first, then modify the other sections to fit. Mine is dark, so I took the same color and made that the default background. Then changed the sections that were the default color before which was white, and specify this. It works better. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/22/2023 at 2:57 AM, tuanphan said:

Try this code to Website Tools (under Not Linked) > Custom CSS

body {
	background-color: #3d5273;
}

Similar issue, dark background page I am working on, but it just flashes white between pages. I have a dark background color defined in the custom CSS, but no dice, page will flash pure white between pages of the site

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...