FIXED! Site displaying incorrect font AND videos not playing on iPhone iOS Safari Browser.

Hi!

I was getting disappointing results from my site on my iPhone's native Safari browser; Chrome and Firefox worked just fine.

The issue I was having was that the site font was being switched out to what appeared to be Times (or some other serif font), and I also couldn't get videos to playback.

I don't know what prompted me to try changing the settings, but by poking around and turning various settings on and off in the Safari app, I eventually worked my way to content blockers that had been installed or perhaps are built-in (?) (Settings/Safari/Extensions) and found a content blocker called Firefox Focus turned on.

Once I turned it off and reloaded the site, the fonts displayed correctly, and the videos displayed and played as expected. However, it's worth noting that since I'm using the Video Lightbox Plugin, the videos required tapping on them twice: Once to pop them up and another tap to play them.

Hopefully, this helps someone else who may be having similar problems.

Cheers!

Edited by jbellissimo
corrected some grammar and misspelling
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic