"Something went wrong" message when trying to import a mailing list

When I try to import a mailing list I get a message saying "Import Failed, Something went wrong." and I have tried everything I can come up with but can't make work. Someone plss help. 

Note: When trying to import the list I manage to get to the next step where I can preview the list and also mark that everyone on the list accepts marketing. It's only after that step when I press "Import" that I get the message that something went wrong. 

Thanks!

Skrmavbild2023-09-13kl_21_17_43.thumb.png.47a6d12c2de2093e717ce004ea698510.png

Edited by Arkaitx
  • Arkaitx changed the title to "Something went wrong" message when trying to import a mailing list
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same problem, have tried all troubleshooting and can still not upload a mailing list!

You can try the ideas here - 

I tried all of those techniques and nothing worked for me, so it looks like i will cancel my email campaigns with squarespace as i cannot do this basic function, smh.

Works fine in Mailchimp...

Edited by Soneiro
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just exported a maillist from one squarespacesite and setting up a new site on new domain, and when I try to import I get the same "import failed" message. Should be no problem to import when the export is made from squarespace. 

Have tried to convert the file in excel in a number of varius, all with the same result. 

Anyone else got any response from Squarespace?

Same problem here as well. Squarespace should really look into this. We only get this problem from Excel-files. So we tell customers to copy the list from Excel, paste it into a  Google sheet - and then import the downloaded csv-file from Google. But this is not good enough - and should be solved asap.

One of the above suggestions worked for me. Like all of you, I was getting the "something went wrong" message on both the "List" and "Individual" import options. So, I went to my CSV file, I made sure my sheet was named "sheet 1" and then I saved the document. Once saved, I went to the folder where the file was located and renamed the entire file "maillist1". When I went to import the list again, it worked. I tried it again on a second type of list with other names and emails, and it worked again there too.