How to duplicate course overview page

I'm probably being dense but I'm trying to add another course to my site (though none are ready to go yet) and want to use the exact layout of the first course I've been working on.

I thought I'd be able to duplicate the page as I normally would: open page setting, go to the bottom of the page, click on duplicate page - simple!

But the duplicate page choice isn't there...

Is it somewhere else that I can't find it?!

Much appreciate anyone's time to help make me think I'm not losing it.

Jacqui

Same! I have clients with courses in multiple languages, and I want to be able to just duplicate the course and update the videos and copy. Recreating and re-formatting the mobile views for each lesson is unnecessarily time consuming!!

Also, when duplicating, would be great to have an option to include the videos or not in duplicating. For example, one client uses one of their courses for live training, so she'll want to duplicate it for those times.

Hopefully it's in the works along with having customizable log in / create account windows - those iframes need an upgrade 😉

Me three (or four) - I have a client who offers the same program over and over but wants to add custom recordings of the course sessions to each program.  So 95% of the course if duplicated.  Would be awesome to be able to duplicate at the course level.

Shaz Kozak | Elmtree Digital Marketing | Get found + noticed + remembered online

BTW a timesaver option I'm using until they allow us to duplicate a entire course is to go into the original course and save all the sections - ie the sections on the course overview page and the sections below the video on the individual lesson pages. Then when I go to create the duplicate course, I have the current course open in another tab, and just follow the flow and add in the saved sections where needed. So much faster than recreating, plus the mobile view is already sorted! Next up I'm hoping they allow us to change the wording on the "Start Course" and "Complete & Continue" button for those of us creating courses in languages other than English 😉 

• 1 month later...

Still no update to this? Realized I need to organize my course a bit differently but I can't duplicate, move, or edit course pages like I can any other page. We need a solution cause doing this by hand for a second time is awful. Just let me duplicate the course so I don't have to create course pages all over again just to move them to a  new location.

• 4 weeks later...

Only just realised this is not an option - I run a group course 3 times a year but need to have separate courses for each round as I upload the live calls. Now realised have to totally recreate😱

Now in two minds whether to move my courses onto Squarespace or not - loved the idea of having everything in one place but this is going to be so time consuming. 

• 4 weeks later...

I did the same, and I don't consider it rude. I achieved success because I adhered to these principles.

To address the issue of duplicating courses or pages:

1. Check your platform's documentation or contact support for precise information on the copying process.

2. If the duplication feature is unavailable, manually copy and paste content or utilize available templates. Additionally, consider the https://gradesfixer.com/essay-types/argumentative-essays/ service, which proved helpful in content management.

3. Ensure your software is updated to the latest version, as new features are often added through updates.

Edited by Manst2002
  • 1 month later...