Button Color Not Responding to Style Changes

Go to solution Solved by Lesum,

• Solution

@CoorlasArchitecture I've also noticed issues/glitch while updating button design through site styles. Try reloading your Squarespace editor before updating the button design. If it doesn't work, you can add the custom code under Website > Utilities > Website Tools > Custom CSS

.primary-button-style-solid .site-wrapper .sqs-button-element--primary {
	background-color: #AC9F8A !important;
}

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?

• 2 weeks later...

Have spent a ton of time troubleshooting this very issue, assuming I was doing something wrong. This appears to be a significant glitch. (Hope SS is on it!) 

@lesum, your fix is awesome, thanks! Would you be able to provide the same code to include the font color? I'm still seeing issues with that.

Frankly, I'm still seeing issues where the buttons presented on screen in different sections of the site are NOT as called in the code fix (which I have applied to ALL three buttons; added both secondary, and tertiary). Am I wrong to think that your code fix is the default and should apply across ALL of the site's sections? Or can overrides still be applied that I can't seem to find or that I'm not aware of?  

@dadocinqo You can adjust the font color with this code snippet. Replace "color-code" in the code with the color of the font on your website.

.primary-button-style-solid .site-wrapper .sqs-button-element--primary {
	background-color: #AC9F8A !important;
	color: "color-code" !imporatant;
}

This code applies to the primary buttons on all sections of the site. However, it can also be customized for a specific section or page.

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?

Lesum, thanks so much for the clarification on the font color...and the section customization. Just one last related thing. If willing/able to take a quick peek at https://eddycards.com/home1 could you perhaps give me your two cents as to why these two buttons are sized differently? They are coded to be precisely the same (other than the colors), both share the exact same button settings, both are set to FIT, not FILL. And yet...they are different. Aaargh...

On 9/3/2023 at 11:32 PM, dadocinqo said:

Lesum, thanks so much for the clarification on the font color...and the section customization. Just one last related thing. If willing/able to take a quick peek at https://eddycards.com/home1 could you perhaps give me your two cents as to why these two buttons are sized differently? They are coded to be precisely the same (other than the colors), both share the exact same button settings, both are set to FIT, not FILL. And yet...they are different. Aaargh...

What is password? We can check easier

image.thumb.png.a4383440f0316e3c822e3415adebebbc.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...

Looks like I am hitting the exact same issue on January 2024...

This is happening on a site that was recently updated from 7.0 to 7.1

When I go to Styles and change button's background it is actually changing its text color.

I can also testify that this is happening on both new pages I create and the old ones that were previously at the 7.0 version.

I have another website account on squarespace that was 7.1 from the beginning and there there is no such glitch there... As the matter of fact, I am manually moving pages from that second side to the first one where buttons are glitchy, so I literally see the same exact design behaving differently on two sites.

I think Squarespace team should troubleshoot this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is driving me mad!

No matter what I do with the button styles, nothing takes hold on the actual pages!

Look at this? No matter whether I set fill or no fill, the button style never changes from a white border with white text.

Even the CSS approach in the post above makes no difference. 

I've tried logging out and in again and that seemed to shock it into sense temporarily, but then it reverted to this

What the hell is going on??

image.png.ab756ddd3d2732894ddb8509c7d240a1.png

image.png.53897dee768d6ed560f6bc445b59ce36.png

Edited by TheBrandBoy
On 5/10/2024 at 3:32 AM, TheBrandBoy said:

This is driving me mad!

No matter what I do with the button styles, nothing takes hold on the actual pages!

Look at this? No matter whether I set fill or no fill, the button style never changes from a white border with white text.

Even the CSS approach in the post above makes no difference. 

I've tried logging out and in again and that seemed to shock it into sense temporarily, but then it reverted to this

What the hell is going on??

image.png.ab756ddd3d2732894ddb8509c7d240a1.png

image.png.53897dee768d6ed560f6bc445b59ce36.png

Can you share link to page where you use button?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)