Use semi-bold instead of bold in the text editor

Go to solution Solved by TSerin,

In my site styles, I have my paragraph font set to Halyard Display, with the default weight 400. When I am formatting text in a text box, and I set the text to 'bold,' it automatically switches to the heaviest weight of Halyard Display (900). Is there anyway to tell it to use a different weight (like 600) for the 'bold' style across the website, instead of defaulting to 900 for all bold text? 

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, For semi-bold you need to set the font weight to 600. 

On your Squarespace dashboard, go to website > website tools > custom css. Then add this code.

p {
 font-weight: 600 !important;
}

This code will set all the paragraphs weight to 600 (semi-bold).  

Edited by Lesum

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?

That's not what I'm asking—I don't want to set all of the paragraphs to 600 (semi-bold). I want the paragraphs to remain at 400 (regular), but the 'bold' weight to be 600 (semi-bold) instead of 900 (extra-bold). So when I format text in the rich text editor to be bold, it will be 600 instead of 900.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 2.29.52 PM.png

10 minutes ago, TSerin said:

Thanks, I was finally able to find another thread on this question and the advice there worked. (injecting the CSS you said, but additionally had to make sure Squarespace was loading the weight I needed)

Awesome!!

The solution in the post you mentioned is changing the fonts of all bolded texts, not just paragraphs.

Not sure what else could have been done to make sure Squarespace is loading the expected weight. If you can share your solution that might help others facing the same issue. Thanks!

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?