Show hide sections based on date/time

I'm looking for a way to show/hide sections in an event article so that I can offer visitors to register for an event up until 1-3 days before the event starts, and after that instead of the register form show another section saying something like "Registration is now closed".

I have seen a couple of discussions on the forum touching this but, I believe, not exactly what I'm after. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be fairly straightforward to adjust the messaging according to the date/time. If you'd like help from the community, please provide more details of exactly what you want to show and how you want to change it. A link to the page where you're trying to do this will really help too.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

On 7/17/2023 at 6:39 PM, paul2009 said:

It should be fairly straightforward to adjust the messaging according to the date/time. If you'd like help from the community, please provide more details of exactly what you want to show and how you want to change it. A link to the page where you're trying to do this will really help too.

Sure, 
See the page here

What I was looking for was a solution to hide the section in the form 3 days before the start date, and instead display another section containing wording about the registration being closed.