Working with a custom nav bar...

I am using Squarespace 7.1.

This question has originally started when I was trying to add my own coded nav bar to my Squarespace website and remove the Squarespace one. So far, I have successfully hidden the Squarespace bar WITHOUT hindering my code, but now I am stuck.

The nav bar I have injected is now messing with the other elements on my page. Originally, there was a huge space between the squarespace elements, I took that into account and reduced the amount of px that were in the header. When I did that, it has hidden all of my images on the page other than the underline accents that are on the lettering...

At this point, I have no idea what to do. I guess my main question is how do I inject code for a header and it not mess with the items that are on the page.

Second (this isn't a square space question) I am having issues with the linking pages in the code. I've input all of the correct destinations, but when I go to click on them, they aren't doing anything. Anyone know how to get it to work?

Thank you so much!

Screenshot at Jun 29 14-33-08.png

Edited by EaglesWorldRealty
  • Replies 5
  • Views 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/1/2023 at 3:24 AM, tuanphan said:

The site is private, we can't access it.

Can you setup an access password?

https://trombone-caribou-px88.squarespace.com/

The password should be EWRrecruit. I save the password a couple of times, but I am not sure if it actually saved.

---
I think for the most part I have officially figured out the header situation. I'm now dealing with unneeded blank space between the main section of the website and footer lol. I kept troubleshooting on Friday and ended up just rebuilding the code.

I also wanted to add that the links are now linking to the website we have up currently, so I am not having any issues with that anymore either. Sorry, so much has changed since the beginning of this question. New "solution" ideas keep popping into my head when I'm actively working on it. 

Edited by EaglesWorldRealty