GoDaddy Domain to SquareSpace Domain

Hello,

I have a client using GoDaddy currently.  Just redesigning their website on SqSpace.  I am wanting to transfer their same domain over to a SquareSpace hosting.  I am wanting to avoid any email interruptions for their business.  Is it more beneficial to keep them on the current GoDaddy service or Transfer?

Would love some insight before doing any of this!

Thanks,
Steve

1 hour ago, SteveWeb2023 said:

I am wanting to transfer their same domain over to a SquareSpace hosting.

There shouldn't be any need to transfer the domain to Squarespace. You should be able to simply connect the domain to the Squarespace website and continue to host the domain on GoDaddy. This is usually the least risky in terms of affecting other services. See Connecting a GoDaddy domain to your Squarespace site.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Thank you Paul.  I been looking into so many options and originally advised the client to transfer but I am leaning towards the connecting domain and continue to have their services for Domain & SSL hosted on GoDaddy.  I want to avoid all risks of their services being affected in this.

8 hours ago, SteveWeb2023 said:

I am leaning towards the connecting domain and continue to have their services for Domain & SSL hosted on GoDaddy

The SSL will be provided by Squarespace - for free. Don’t buy a third party SSL certificate as it won’t be supported. 

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

8 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The SSL will be provided by Squarespace - for free. Don’t buy a third party SSL certificate as it won’t be supported. 

Oh so they can just have the domain with GoDaddy and  SSL with SquareSpace covers them regardless?  Awesome!  Did not know that!!

2 hours ago, SteveWeb2023 said:

Oh so they can just have the domain with GoDaddy and  SSL with SquareSpace covers them regardless?

Correct. Squarespace includes an SSL cert to secure the website.

• 1 year later...

I highly recommend against switching to squarespace. Just take a look at all of the existing support requests, and you'll immediately see how terrible the service is at this piece of garbage service. 

My domain has been broken for over two months, and support has been unable to help whatsoever, simply telling me that the engineering team is looking at it. 

Do NOT transfer your domain to squarespace, you will 100% regret it.