Creating a new site on 7.1 while keeping the old 7.1 site design live

Hi,

I have a client who has an existing site built on 7.1. I've mostly used 7.0 before. Am I able to build a new site for him while keeping his old site live somehow? Like you can when you are building multiple templates at once in 7.0? Or do we have to put an under-construction page up?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. Create a new v7.1 site in trial mode and keep the existing site running. You can start from a fresh template, a blank one, or duplicate the existing site and modify it.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

can I move the new site I built to their account and replace their old site?

Yes. When you are ready just transfer ownership over to your client. Then cancel the old site.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.