Why is there a thin green bar below the announcement bar?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I don't have an exact handle on this issue but I think it has something to do with the font settings for the AB. It seems to be causing a spacing issue between the element with the text in it and the AB drop zone element.

At any time did you change the font for the AB?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

When I go to Edit Theme and change the Section Background, the color changes in the section and that top thin section under the Announcement Bar.

Yes that is because the height for the text of the AB is normal but a parent element has more height so the background color shows through.

The issue is with the heights of elements and not the background color.

• Solution

Do you have any advice on how I can alter the heights of elements to remove the green under the AB?

This is a workaround.

Add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

.announcement-bar-reserved-space .sqs-announcement-bar-dropzone {

min-height : unset;

}

</style>

I've been trying to get a handle on where this issue is stemming from but so far no luck.

Let us know how it goes.