Code Block vs Embed Block

Hello everyone,

I currently am designing a website for the company I work for and I am at the point where I need to link an outside program to my website. Coding is new to me and I am not sure if I should use a code block, code injection, or an embed block.

Any advice or tips would be amazing!

• Replies 1
  • Views 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Without knowing what code you are installing or what you are trying to accomplish it is impossible to give you specific tips.

I can make some general comments.

Embed blocks are a block that recognizes some types of URLs and code and then sets up things for you. I recommend using them only for their recognizer abilities. If you use them for code that is not recognized, it just extra overhead and complicates things. Use a code block instead. The right block for the right job.

Code injection vs code blocks. There is no single best answer. Each has its own purpose. Which ones you use depends to what you are trying to accomplish. In general though code/embed blocks are used for things like including a map in a specific part of a page. Code injection is used for things like altering the functionality of the site or a whole page. These are not hard and fast rules. Again it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

SS has support pages for many of the elements discussed and each describes basic functionality.

If you describe the code you want to install and what it does we may be able to provide further help. Please don't post a long code listing unless specifically asked to do that as it usually doesn't help. Knowing where it came from and perhaps their install instructions, a URL, are usually a better first step.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.