How to change default theme ?

Go to solution Solved by diaph,

Hi,

I'm building a new website using 7.1, my website is mostly light (white background) but the default theme seems to be dark (the default 404 and checkout are dark)

I would like all the parts of the website that uses default theme matching the whole website but I can't find how.

After lots of searches the common answer was to go through the mobile app but when I do it the theme picker is blank.

How can I achieve this ?

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Added screenshot of blank theme picker on iPad 

IMG_1319.jpeg

Edited by diaph
forgot image
  • Replies 2
  • Views 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Finally got a feedback from Squarespace support:

It's not possible to assign another theme, since that's the default theme for this template. The only thing you can do is to change the colours of the theme.

So contrary to common  belief the 7.1 templates are not all the same at core. If you start with a dark template you will get a dark layout for the core / default pages of your site such as cart, 404 page, templates displayed by default, etc...

The workaround is to edit the dark color theme to the one you wish as default (so yeah no I have a light theme named "dark", so confusing...)

Very frustrating.