Looking to add a code to display our google reviews on our webpage. Anyone know?

Go to solution Solved by Vicks,

I am looking to add our Google Reviews to our Squarespace website like the picture below.  Currently, Squarespace does not have a feature that can integrate Google Reviews to a site. However, they said I may be able to use custom code for this modification.  Does anyone know how I would go about getting this custom code?

Google Reviews.JPG

• Solution

As of yet google did not provide any embed or widgets to show revisews. However they provide access to the reviews data through API. 

That means you need to authenticate with Google using your google account and generate a secret token. And use that token to fetch data from google's server and display it on your website.. 

However, its not recommended to do this on squarespace website. Beecause any code you add to squarespace is added on the client side and can be seen by anyone who can see your website, this can get access to your private token to gain access (hack) to your google account.

Usually you keep your private token on your server and call your server to get the data about your reviews. Your server keeps the token hidden from prying eyes. But squarespace didn't provide such machanism, i you can't add server side code.

That's why you will see many website providing such services. You store your auth keys in their server and they give your some code which connect to their server and downloads the reviews from google using your secret key and shows it on your website. 

If you search "google review embed" on google, you will find many websites offering such service. Though there might be some fee involved.

Edited by Vicks