is there a way to prevent reload to top of page when category selection is made on a Videos Page?

Go to solution Solved by lottydotty,

hey, y'all!

A client asked a very reasonable question re: a Videos Page.

When you click on a category, such as Transportation, it takes you all the way back to the top. Is there any way for it to stay in the same place? I’ve attached a video to show you what I mean.

We're using categories to allow users to select from a subset of a large volume of videos hosted on Vimeo and organized on this page. This section of the videos page shows up about half way down the page.

Is it possible via javascript or some advanced anchor method to ensure that when people click on any of the categories that the option is just shown right there?

@tuanphan and other brilliant minds, I'm always curious if you've got an idea as to how this can or should get solved.

• Solution

Solved thanks to other people's explorations on the Forum. The best method of handling this is via the Universal Filter plugin. Others answered this question in other places (e.g. here), but the Video Page is a newer beast, so it seems worthwhile to let people know this solution also applies on video pages. Once installed I followed the "How to Install Universal Filter on Blog Page in 7.1" and simply used that for the Videos Page structure. That did the trick.