Is text in an accordion searchable with the search block?

I am working on making a resources page for my website and want people to be able to search for resources on the page using the search block. I don't want to just have a huge long list of links and would prefer to organize the links into accordion blocks that can be expanded to view the links. If I put a link into an accordion block, will that mean that people will be unable to search for it using the search block? Like does the link have to be on the page and not in an accordion block for someone to be able to search it with the search bar? 

I gave it a try and put a link into an accordion then typed the link into the search bar to see if it find the link on my page: it sadly did not return any search results. Is anyone else having this issue or did I maybe set it up incorrectly? Is there a workaround for this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Replies 1
  • Views 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cowfish23 said:

I gave it a try and put a link into an accordion then typed the link into the search bar to see if it find the link on my page: it sadly did not return any search results. Is anyone else having this issue or did I maybe set it up incorrectly? Is there a workaround for this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

In theory, the search block should look for any text on the website, in practice the search block is very hit-and-miss, I rarely use it, and I actively avoid it and try and design content to be found by browsing the website (but I realise this is not always possible for all cases).

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)