Fixed Header Scroll Back Glitch

I have a fixed header on my site with the scroll back feature enabled, which works great when scrolling down pages. However, when you scroll back to the very top of a page and the header reappears, it has a bit of jump where the whole header expands downward just a bit on the page. It's not major, but enough of a glitch to be noticeable. Anyone else have this issue and know how to resolve?

Edited by ltw
  • Replies 1
  • Views 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what you are seeing is a SS default behavior. Not a glitch per se but a design decision by SS.

After you scroll down a bit SS throws on a CSS class named shrink, to the header, which has the effect of shrinking the height of the header just a bit.

So if you scroll back and forth at that scroll position you will see this grow/shrink effect.

If you want to get rid of the shrink effect, you'd have to add CSS to neutralize the shrink class being added to the header.

I don't recall any code that does this.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.