IDX for real estate webstie

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I'm a developer and i want to build a real state website on Squarespace and leverage IDX (Internet Data Exchange) to display MLS listings. While I understand Squarespace doesn't have a built-in IDX solution, I'm hoping to get some insights from the community on the best way to achieve this integration.

Here are some specific questions I have:

• Which IDX providers work seamlessly with Squarespace and offer a good balance of features and affordability?
  • Could someone share their experience with integrating IDX into Squarespace? Are there any specific tutorials or guides available that can help with the process?
  • Once integrated, are there any best practices for using IDX on a Squarespace real estate website to ensure a smooth user experience and lead generation?
  • How can I ensure the IDX integration displays and functions optimally on mobile devices?

Hi everyone,

I'm building a real estate website on Squarespace and integrating IDX to display MLS listings. While I'm excited about this functionality, I'm also interested in customizing the appearance and user experience of the listings to better match my brand and website design.

• Can I use HTML and JavaScript to customize the way IDX listings display on Squarespace? Are there limitations to this approach?
  • If customization is possible, are there any best practices or guidelines to ensure smooth functionality and maintainability?
  • If HTML/JS isn't the best path, are there other ways to achieve some level of customization within the limitations of Squarespace and the IDX provider?
On 3/22/2024 at 7:54 PM, ankikumar2022 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm building a real estate website on Squarespace and integrating IDX to display MLS listings. While I'm excited about this functionality, I'm also interested in customizing the appearance and user experience of the listings to better match my brand and website design.

• Can I use HTML and JavaScript to customize the way IDX listings display on Squarespace? Are there limitations to this approach?
  • If customization is possible, are there any best practices or guidelines to ensure smooth functionality and maintainability?
  • If HTML/JS isn't the best path, are there other ways to achieve some level of customization within the limitations of Squarespace and the IDX provider?

I don't know this, but if you share link to page where you added IDX, I can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
On 3/22/2024 at 6:29 AM, ankikumar2022 said:
  • Which IDX providers work seamlessly with Squarespace and offer a good balance of features and affordability?
  • Could someone share their experience with integrating IDX into Squarespace? Are there any specific tutorials or guides available that can help with the process?
  • Once integrated, are there any best practices for using IDX on a Squarespace real estate website to ensure a smooth user experience and lead generation?
  • How can I ensure the IDX integration displays and functions optimally on mobile devices?

Hi ankikumar2022 - I hope this helps you and others - but reach out to me directly if you need more assistance.
Buying Buddy will seamlessly add IDX/MLS to your Squarespace site - no frames and no subdomains/CNAMEs. 
Our support site has a full sets of videos and step-by-step tutorials on how to add IDX to your Squarespace site.
Here's a quick video showing how to add IDX to Squarespace - updated for 2024!
https://vimeo.com/720088354

- Paul

Edited by BuyingBuddy
made video link rather than embed