Is it intended that the "Add To Cart" button be spammable? (UX)

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hello, first time poster. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I noticed the "Add To Cart" button action doesn't prevent accidental clicks. That is, I can rapid fire the button and it will add a bunch of quantity to my cart despite the button UX reflecting that only one item is being added. Usually these kinds of buttons would be deactivated when they are processing, and reactivated once the process is done, to prevent accidental clicks and unhappy customers from discovering they had more in their cart than intended. Is the current behavior intentional or a bug?

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by velocd
  • velocd changed the title to Is it intended that the "Add To Cart" button be spammable? (UX)
  • Replies 1
  • Views 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

I've never tried spamming the ATC button so I can't speak to that or SS's design decisions.

I can say that the cart and checkout pages provide an opportunity to correct an incorrect quantity amount. So it's not like one is stuck with an undesired quantity amount.

Also the ATC button does provide status information to the user as to the state of the button. Adding... Added...

If you think this is going to be a common problem for you some custom code might be created to help reduce the issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things )ย consultantย open for new projects.