Resizing video block

Hi,

The video block defaults to a landscape video e.g. on YouTube etc. which means that when I upload a portrait video (specifically with in the ratio 9:16), it doesn't fill the container. So when I try to make the video bigger, the whole container also increases in size and restricts where I can put it on the page.

Is anyone able to help please? 

See screenshot: 

image.png.cb75826aea53ae8cbf36c6c5ff066b88.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue, except that I can't increase the size of my video. 
Ideally I want the video to render at it's native size, or close to 100% scale for quality purposes (it's for mobile phone and ipad screen app mock ups).

What I get out the box is a tiny version of my video.
If I add the video as background it becomes a slim horizontal slither on smaller screen sizes. 

20 hours ago, ben55 said:

I'm having the same issue, except that I can't increase the size of my video. 
Ideally I want the video to render at it's native size, or close to 100% scale for quality purposes (it's for mobile phone and ipad screen app mock ups).

What I get out the box is a tiny version of my video.
If I add the video as background it becomes a slim horizontal slither on smaller screen sizes. 

If you share link to page where you added video, we can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...

@D-LAT@ben55 and @thesimpleexplorer

As @tuanphan said, share the site.

If you don't know how to, you can use the following help article.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205810548-Accessing-and-sharing-a-trial-site

It's hard to help you without being able to actually look at the page in question, so share the site and the specific page the issue is on.

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys @KwameAndCo , got the same problem but with a modification...

I was able to display all video in vertical but now I need one or the horizontal video to be on the site and now they will be displayed in vertival boxes too.... maybe have a look on my site 

https://tristannusch.com/about

the video of myself in white SHOULD be horizontal but its in an vertical box which makes it hard to design in a proper way (huge black space underneath to the formular)

https://tristannusch.com/work/music here the videos are vertical so it is important, that both format are displayed correct 🙂 

have a nice one!

custom code and screenshot of my editor attached below

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-11 um 14.40.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-11 um 14.40.52.png

Edited by TristanNuschPhotography