Unlinked Pages Searchable Through SE's

To my surprise, unlinked pages that I had been working on years ago that didn't make it to the site were brought to my attention as being searchable on Google; this includes pages blank pages as well as pages with contradictory pricing from previous years. I find that to be a crazy automatic feature for a page that you suddenly create, but anyways, I have deleted the unwanted pages and Google still has them linked and connected to my website. How do I fix this? Is it simply letting Google reset the SEO and giving them time to find the actual pages I want linked or...?

TIA,

Brendon

• Replies 1
  • Views 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Linked pages are still added to the sitemap.xml for your site. That means they are discoverable by search engines. Not Linked means that the pages are part of your site but not Links that appear in the navigation.

If you want pages to not be discoverable, they either need to be deleted or disabled.

It can take awhile for search engines to forget pages that they've indexed. If the pages are gone or not accessible they should eventually fallout of search results.

You might be able to speed up the process if you resubmit your sitemap.xml to the engines. You can also request specific pages to be removed. How that is done you have to read up on your search engine of choice to how that is done.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.