Image Block: How do I add Custom CSS to change image-caption text attributes?

I am using the Five template for my website, primarily because I wanted 3 columns in my blog. However, the text attributes for image captions are hard coded (weirdly enough) to be all uppercase and the text color is a dark gray.

Problem is the background on my canvas is dark gray, so the image caption doesn't read very well, AND I don't like all uppercase.

Now, I know how to go in and add custom css code, but I don't know what code I need to put in in order to change the image caption text color and have it be capitalized (rather than all uppercase).

Thanks for any help!

• Replies 9
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, So I dug around for a bit and figured out how to get into the css and play with the text attributes. I added the following code to Custom CSS.

.sqs-block-image .image-caption p {  font-size: 16px;   font-family: "futura-pt";  text-transform: none;  letter-spacing: 1.3pt;  font-weight: 400;  font-style: normal;  color: #ebebeb;  line-height: 0.00em;}

This code fixed part of the problem in that it changed the color of the image caption, but the font size remains too small and changing the font-size in the code has NO effect, even though color and text-transform attributes respond.

It seems that the image caption's text size is being inherited from some other part of the code.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Ok! I FIXED IT! yay!!!!

Here's how I did it. Apparently I had to override the font-size attribute by adding "!important"

Here's the code:

.sqs-block-image .image-caption p {
 font-size: .75em !important;
 font-family: Muli, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
 text-transform: none;
 letter-spacing: .5pt;
 font-weight: 100;
 font-style: normal;
 color: #ebebeb;
 margin-top: 1em;
}

• 1 month later...