• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys, does somebody found a solution? It's driving me nutttts! 🤦‍♂️

I even tried JS to emit clicks, I tried to bind an automatic "double click" function to the element, … but nothing works. I think the global animation creating a stacking context issue somehow … which is magically solved after the first click on any(!!!) link. What kind of a bug is this?

Please help :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a JavaScript/jQuery solution, and site-wide animations can remain enabled. Timeout is optional but will allow the animation to be visible before the page redirects.

<script>
    $('.sqs-block-button a').on('touchstart', function () {
      var href = $(this).attr('href');
      setTimeout(function(){
        window.location.href = href;
      }, 100);
    });
</script>

I have this issue on mobile iPhone buttons, with no animation (is the transition facilitated by the button considered an animation?).  @bradgood is the above code inserted in website tools, or as code injection on each page? I have a basic plan that doesn't allow code injection. Thanks.

On 4/16/2024 at 1:58 PM, mike.bj said:

Hi @bradgood, is there a way for this code to work for the project navigation links?

I tried installing but they still take two clicks.

This seemed to work for all links:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.7.0/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>
$('a').on('touchstart', function () {  // This selector targets all <a> tags
var href = $(this).attr('href');  // Gets the href attribute from the clicked link
setTimeout(function() {
window.location.href = href;  // Redirects to the link after a 100ms delay
}, 100);
});
</script>

On 4/16/2024 at 9:55 AM, bradgood said:

This is a JavaScript/jQuery solution, and site-wide animations can remain enabled. Timeout is optional but will allow the animation to be visible before the page redirects.

<script>
    $('.sqs-block-button a').on('touchstart', function () {
      var href = $(this).attr('href');
      setTimeout(function(){
        window.location.href = href;
      }, 100);
    });
</script>

Hi @bradgood I used GPT and got to the solution below. I mentioned in another post on this topic - I had applied your script above to all <a> links on a page to try and fix the double tap issue across all links. But I was having an issue where elements such as scrolling down an image gallery was inadvertently launching the lightbox when it was a scroll and not a click.

I basically asked GPT to fix this issue and it spat out the code below. I've tested and seems to address the double-click issue across all links + doesn't inadvertently activate links while scrolling elements on touchscreen.

I have limited coding knowledge and relying on GPT - but it seems to work well. I'm a little worried if it could cause some other unforseen issue...e.g. could it mess with SEO etc. I'm not sure but if you have insight into this - e.g. if you can tell it won't mess with things like SEO I'd love your opinion on it! 🙂

Cheers, Mike

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.7.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
    $('a').on('touchstart', function (e) {
        var startTime = new Date().getTime();  // Record the time when touch starts
        var linkUrl = $(this).attr('href');    // Get the href attribute from the clicked link

$(this).on('touchend', function () {
            var endTime = new Date().getTime();  // Record the time when touch ends
            // Check if the touch duration was less than 150ms, which implies it was a tap, not a scroll
            if (endTime - startTime < 150) {  
                window.location.href = linkUrl;  // Redirect to the link
            }
        });
    }).on('touchmove', function (e) {
        $(this).off('touchend');  // If the user moves the finger, it's a scroll, so don't follow the link
    });
</script>