Javascript embed not enabled in trial "JavaScript and iframe embeds are available on Business and Commerce plans."

Hello,

I have begun a trial to see if a redesign of my website on Squarepsace would be compatible with a third part code embed. The free trial says premium features are enabled during the trial but I get this error: "JavaScript and iframe embeds are available on Business and Commerce plans. Learn More." The Dashboard also notes that it is a "Commerce Plan".

Am I doing something wrong or will I be unable to know whether this will work unless I commit to an upper tier Squarespace plan? 

Edited by wesquiresf
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, wesquiresf said:

I get this error: "JavaScript and iframe embeds are available on Business and Commerce plans. Learn More."

This is an informational message, not an error. It is trying to explain that you would need a Business or Commerce plan if you want to use JavaScript or an iframe after the trial period. Code does working during the free trial.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

49 minutes ago, wesquiresf said:

in the code block when I paste in the script it says "scipt disabled" 

This is normal. The 'Script Disabled' message is Squarespace's way of explaining that Code Block scripts will not run when you’re logged in to the website. It's a security feature. It doesn’t indicate that there is anything wrong.

To test the script, visit your site in an incognito or private browser window without logging in to the site. You'll now see what it looks like to visitors, which may be slightly different than in the preview window.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks so much for the help. It says I have to upgrade to publish in order to see it in incognito. I just wanted to see if this would work before I paid for a subscription but they've made it so frustrating I think I will use naother service. Thanks again. 

Edited by wesquiresf
3 minutes ago, wesquiresf said:

I have to upgrade to publish in order to see it in incognito.

If your site isn't live, you can view it in incognito mode by setting a site-wide password.