I need to pick a new template for UX port

Hi!

After 1 1/2 years of struggling with Bergen, I was just told that it was falling apart when viewed on the iPhone–bringing me to the conclusion, however painful, that I need to use another template. I thought updating would help–but all fields collide into each other when using the site responsively. Spacing changes, arbitrary line breaks in the middle of words–it all means I need to go another way.

I'm also running up against a prejudice against serif fonts among hiring managers–I've heard it before–but I actually really like them. And I see so many sites on squarespace using them, although more established commercial sites aren't.

If anyone has any feedback on what works across multiple platforms, let me know. I need something simple, clean, contemporary, and allows for multiple UX assets to shine.

Thanks so much!

• Replies 3
  • Views 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, janehuntington said:

After 1 1/2 years of struggling with Bergen, I was just told that it was falling apart when viewed on the iPhone–bringing me to the conclusion, however painful, that I need to use another template.

If you are experiencing difficulties with the Bergen template, I recommend posting a link to the site and asking for specific help.

All the Squarespace 7.1 designs using the same 7.1 template, so if you have an issue on Bergen, you should expect the same experience on all 7.1 designs.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like I need to move away from Squarespace to deal with this issue. And I did request help–one of the options was posting in this forum.

It's a huge drag, but I think Squarespace needs to be aware that their "responsive" sites are falling apart on mobile devices.

Edited by janehuntington
2 hours ago, janehuntington said:

I did request help–one of the options was posting in this forum.

In my post above, I suggested that you post more details so that users on the forum could help you. If you are new to the forum, please see How to Post a Forum Question for guidance on how to help us to help you.

2 hours ago, janehuntington said:

I think Squarespace needs to be aware that their "responsive" sites are falling apart on mobile devices.

Squarespace has only recently updated their editor to "Fluid Engine" to make it even more customisable on mobile devices. If you are using Fluid Engine you can design your pages for desktop and then use the mobile preview to rearrange and resize your content to make it perfect for mobile devices. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.