Help! I am stuck: how do I create drop down menus for my webpages - without the folder page option? I want to keep my pages long, with all info so visitors can scroll through.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am really struggling at the moment. Maybe I am not searching the right keywords in google and in this forum. I have created 3 long website pages that I would like to keep long, with all info in them. However I wan my visitors to also be able to jump to certain sections (i.e. Zsofia's mission, What is Nutritional Therapy, The Consultation Process, Consultation packages, etc.)

So it is NOT anchor links I need but under the heading to have a drop down where they could jump to that certain section. But other than the folder option under pages, I cannot see any other way to have a workaround. I ideally really want to keep my pages this long with all info on them.

Please help.

• Replies 6
  • Views 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Organised in the site header. I have nothing to do with webdesing, I am just a plain person trying to set up my own website, so maybe I am not explaining it perfectly 🙂

Happy to give the pwd to my site - still work in progress and I could also provide another site where it is working fine. (The other website is someone else's so I am not sure if it is allowed.)

It may help us to understand if you provide us with some more information. Please read How to Post a Forum Question for guidance on the information that we need. 

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

I have 4 main headings:

1. Home

2. About

3. Fertility and Preconception

4. Generation Superhealth

For Headings 2, 3 and 4, I created my pages as a long (endless - as far as I understand the term) page with many sections. I would like the visitor to hover over 2, 3 or 4 headings and a drop down menu would show those sections. For example:

heading 2: About

subheadings: 

a. About Zsofia

b. Zsofia's mission

c. What is Nutritional Therapy

d. What is Functional Medicine

e. The consultation process

And so on...

I understand that I could create a folder under pages and put all in different pages and pull them under the folder but I want all to be on one page and I also want that the user can also just click on about and my page would display section a.

I also understand, there are anchor links I could do, but as far as I understand, they would not show in a drop down menu under heading 2.

Does this make more sense?

Zsofia

Edited by zsofiap03
  • Solution

Yes, thank you.

You should be able to do this by adding IDs to each section (or using existing IDs in these sections) as anchor links.

You can then add a folder to the main navigation that contain these anchor links and jump to the different sections of the page.

Using the sections on the 'About' page as an example:

Add a Folder entitled "About" to the MAIN NAVIGATION area of the PAGES panel.

image.png.c3e3dcc02b146b16685f2ad2717f4d0c.png

Add a Link to the new "About" folder.

image.thumb.png.0c3355e90c096ffe607766861c89bafa.png

In the Create a Link window, add the Link Title "What is Nutritional Therapy?" and add the link:

/about/#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1664969488672_624110

This is a link to the about page that uses an ID that already exists in the "What is Nutritional Therapy?" section of your page. I chose this for simplicity but you can read more about creating anchor links in the support guide Creating anchor links.

Save the new link and then test it out. You can repeat the process of adding further links to the folder, one per section.

image.gif.300fc4abcc0fd75b52a7ddc5ee20f92d.gif

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance