Button Word Wrap

Go to solution Solved by ShuiFeng,

Site URL: https://shuifeng.squarespace.com

My button text is word wrapping to the next line and I need it to stop (figure #1) - I need all the text on the same line (figure #2).
This was not an issue in 7.1 without the Fluid Engine; when I created a button all the text would just elongate the button (figure#2)
In Fluid Engine the button text is word wrapping/stacking. How can I get them to not word wrap for all buttons, sitewide?

The only solution I've found so far is the below code, but I'd have to do it with every single button with extended text. The padding would vary depending on the length of the text (which is less than ideal). 

Thanks.

div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1663950227242_11793 a {
    padding-right: 4em !important;
    white-space: nowrap;
}

Button word wrap.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 8:34 AM, Smartyart said:

I am having the same issue, but I haven't added any Custom CSS to my site yet! It's brand spanking new, and it's totally maddening! Using the code you suggested for a temporary fix! 

If you share link to page where you have problems, we can take a look to see which reason caused this

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @tuanphan - I'm still having this issue and was wondering if you could help me out please? 
I just need the button text to not word wrap when the page is size is reduced. Tried a couple things but adding "white-space: nowrap;" makes the button lopsided, adding padding just messes up the alignment of the text. 
What to do?

• Solution

Ok, I solved this by forcing the font-size and button width on mobile. 

@media only screen and (max-width:767px) {
#block-6b04de1b3cabd23c052e {
  .sqs-block-button-element {
    font-size: 1.1em !important;
    width: 255px !important;
  }}}

Edited by ShuiFeng
  • 3 months later...

I solved this (I think?) with the following code:

<style>  
  .sqs-block-button-element {
    white-space: nowrap;
  }
</style>

NOTE: the editor does NOT reflect the no-wrap, so, save/publish the page and check it in the wild, where it works (for me at least!). I checked it in Chrome and Safari to be sure.

NOTE 2, to the SQUARESPACE TEAM: text wrapping in buttons leaves a lot to be desired, aesthetically. It almost never looks good. Recommend making the default NO WRAP, and then letting people override that if they really want to. Ten bucks says less than 10% of them actually do. 🙂