[GALLERY] Close the lightbox when clicking around the picture

Site URL: https://lemon-decagon-cfa6.squarespace.com/

Hello all, 

I'm actually working on creating a website, and i'm wondering is it possible (by options I didn't found / adding HTML / or ... ? ) that on a gallery, by clicking around the picture (like on the following screen) , the lightbox closes and go back to the main gallery, instead of switching/sliding to another image ?

I searched on the forum and didn't find ... apologies if there was already a topic on it.. !

Thank you !

Vincent

template.jpg

Edited by Giveyouakiss
On 9/2/2022 at 11:49 PM, Giveyouakiss said:

Site URL: https://lemon-decagon-cfa6.squarespace.com/

Hello all, 

I'm actually working on creating a website, and i'm wondering is it possible (by options I didn't found / adding HTML / or ... ? ) that on a gallery, by clicking around the picture (like on the following screen) , the lightbox closes and go back to the main gallery, instead of switching/sliding to another image ?

I searched on the forum and didn't find ... apologies if there was already a topic on it.. !

Thank you !

Vincent

template.jpg

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Giveyouakiss said:

Hello bangank, 

Yes the password is : test

the link always the same : https://lemon-decagon-cfa6.squarespace.com/

Thank you for watching !

Vincent

Squarespace has an event that navigator to the next or previous images based on the position you click when lightbox is open.

To match your requirement, we need to implement some javascript code (it needs the business plan or above). What is your current plan?

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

15 hours ago, bangank36 said:

Squarespace has an event that navigator to the next or previous images based on the position you click when lightbox is open.

To match your requirement, we need to implement some javascript code (it needs the business plan or above). What is your current plan?

Thank you for your response.

Actually I'm just testing the features, so I know it would may be possible by adding javascript code and using business plan (or above),

Thank you !